Panelists at the Disruptive Technologists Webinar discuss dangerous times of pandemic, riots, and job loss and offer positive and pragmatic solutions for the future: How specific new technology products can simplify things, can give us the opportunity to address systemic racism, and can overcome challenges in order to differentiate between the individual and the small group thinking.
WATCH THE EVENT
June 24, 2020
SPONSORED BY MCCARTER & ENGLISH
“If people can pursue their purpose in life, the world will become a better place for everyone,” said WeUp’s Ramona Wright. IBM’s Roger Osorio explained that “People can use the technology available and re-focus it on issues that are both urgent and important in the long-term. It’s important to make sure when we are goal setting and future planning to be aware of the possibility that another Pandemic can occur so that we can be better prepared. In these challenging times, we have the unique opportunity to reach out to people that we never thought possible.”
Goal Setting Techniques:
- Set goals that are “SMART”–specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timely.
- Set “HARD” goals.
- Involve management and employees in the goal-setting process so they will be more committed to achieving the objectives.
- Write it down and spell it out.
- Chart your progress.
We include thoughts on how goals and technology can be used to create unity and a sense of community in the workplace. With so many companies scrambling to address disparities and inequities, we will explore how tech can be used to help them reach certain diversity goals and bring people together.
- Roadmap to success: Design your future. Share your strategy with the people responsible for delivering it. Create clarity and buy-in.
- Goals that matter: Align your resources and enable everyone in your organization to focus on the outcomes that matter.
- Visible achievements: Create accountability and stay on top of progress. See what needs attention.
- Iterate until you see the desired results.
MEET THE PANELISTS
- Ramona Wright, Co-Founder & CEO, WeUp – a social gaming platform for good.
- Roger Osorio, Intrapreneur, Executive Coach, Educator, IBM
- Rebecca Costa, Sociobiologist & Futurist, The Costa Group
- Alex Romanovich, CMO/CDO, tritiumDX & multiple digital health, retail & financial brands
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder Wellville / Square / Credo Ventures / Factual
Moderator: Oliver Christie, Futurist & AI Expert
MC: Sep DiMeglio, Premier Developer Consultant, Microsoft *
THANKS GO TO
- Think Tank Council & Events partner: McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair – Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Company Practices
- Microsoft Reactor #MSFTReactor
- Hint Water