ABOUT THE EVENT
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM EDT
“Impossible is an opinion, not a fact”Mohammed Ali
ABOUT THE EVENT
In this webinar we will learn about visioning – having a grand vision and about rallying your team around a stretch goal.
With Special Thanks to McCarter & English
NOTE: Our Main Panel on Charities & Nonprofits will be followed one week later on August 5 by a Fireside Chat.
We will be discussing:
- Data for Good organizations (DataKind, DSSG) and how they apply data science to help nonprofits and NGOs.
- There is an important realization that we need to build good data collection infrastructure before we can apply data science to their problems.
- How to build technological solutions WITH community leaders, rather than technologists building FOR community leaders.
- Mission to understand how everyone can make a better social impact.
- Value versus Goals – having a grand vision or stretch goal, getting your team to rally about an impossible or vision.
- How to evaluate success.
- Has tech changed the way we set goals? How do we overcome the institutional connectedness?
MEET THE PANELISTS
- Manojit Nandi, Senior Data Scientist at JPMorgan Chase interested in using machine learning & statistics to make the world a better place.
- Alain Dolium, Co-CEO, T4H – Technology for Humanity biz leader who develops social impact strategies (incl. profitable growth).
- Ruby Pittman, GOLD Management Assoc., Con Edison, directly supporting NYC’s clean energy future.
- Craig Goldblatt, Legacy Advisor & Philanthropist – Magnifying impact
- Erin Britton, Product Manager – Nonprofit Effectiveness, TCC Group
MC: Sep DiMeglio, Premier Developer Consultant, Microsoft
Video Director: Jeffrey Paul, Ziotag advanced deep-tagging.
** EXTRA Special Thanks to our Disruptive Technologists® Think Tank Council & Events Partner McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair – Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Company Practices
** Thanks to Microsoft Reactor #MSFTReactor
** Thanks to Hint Water