Watch this interesting Disruptive Technologists discussion on the challenges and opportunities that emerging tech has for age, race, gender, income, and its ability to further education and inclusion.
- The definition of cultural diversity spans far wider than ethnicity where technology is concerned.
- Generational culture has a definite impact on the use of technology in the workplace. Within each generation are habits, norms & preferences. How do those habits affect education?.
- How do racial and socioeconomic differences affect education technology usage? Is the primary reason racial differences are a factor where technology in the workplace is concerned due to what is called the “digital divide.”
- How does gender play a role in the use of technology?
- And even bigger – does diversity, inclusion, and education even matter in the face of a pandemic?
- Does a virus this big and this scary discriminate? Should we care?
WATCH THE EVENT
Monday, May 6, 2020
Sponsored by McCarter & English
Other things to discuss: Disrupting the traditional model of education (for instance, Arnell Milhouse has developed a system to educate students in tech, at no upfront cost – he is paid based on their future revenue). How emerging tech can help seniors and people with disabilities. How tech and education can thwart CyberSecurity challenges.
MEET THE PANELISTS
- Moy Ogilvie, McCarter & English
- Lindsay Sorin, Xandr/AT&T
- Ginger Dhaliwal, Upflex (AirBnBs for Workspace)
- Arnell Milhouse, CareerDevs Computer Science Institute
- Jasmine Greenaway, Senior Cloud Advocate, Microsoft
FIRESIDE CHAT PANELISTS
- Joanna Gilberti, Archemy (AI)
- Julian Newman, Culture Creative
- Andrew Vo, Founder, Aidos
- Tameka Vasquez, AVP, Global Marketing Lead, Genpact
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Wellville & Investor Extraordinaire incl. Square
Microsoft Reactor Host & MC: Sep DiMeglio, User-Experience & Accessibility Developer Consultant, Microsoft
Moderator: Oliver Christie: Futurist: Founder, Foxy Machine; Co-Founder, Moven AI; Data Science Head, Opus AI
Fireside Chat Moderator: Bruce Epstein, Knowledge Transfer Wizard – leveraging critical info through AI.
Interactive Videographers & Directors: Jeffrey Paul & Steve Durham from Ziotag: advanced deep tagging.
Master of Ceremonies/Podcast Host: Dania Hammad: Dose of Dania