ABOUT THIS EVENT
Disruptive Technologists’ Event: Is Blockchain & Bitcoin Our New Banking March 26, 2018
Microsoft Offices in Times Square, NYC
Two years ago, Bitcoin was considered a fringe technology for libertarians and computer geeks. Now, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum, are gaining mainstream adoption.
Bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies. Smart Contracts — many people have now heard of the rapidly changing ecosystem of financial technology, but few have wrapped their heads around it. Hundreds of central banks and corporations are incubating a game-changing technology called blockchain—and investors are betting billions on it. Yet only 24 percent of global financial services professionals surveyed in 2017 by PwC described themselves as “extremely” or “very” familiar with it. Much of the public is unsure if any of this is legal if they understand it at all. Evangelists say it has the power to upend entire economic systems. Emin Gün Sirer, Cornell’s blockchain researcher warns ‘”a lot of hokum out there.”
According to the American Scientific Study: “Cryptocurrencies could possibly be the single most disruptive technology to global financial and economic systems. If cryptocurrencies become the global norm for transactions, long-standing systems for trade would need to be completely reformed to deal with this type of competition, by virtue of the fact that current financial and legal structures were designed with a completely different mindset and purpose.” — Peter DeVries, International Journal of Business Management & Commerce
MEET THE PANELISTS
- Yorke Rhodes, Global Business Strategist, Microsoft In addition to his Blockchain & Identity work at Microsoft, he is also an Adjunct Professor Digital & Ecommerce Marketing at NYU.
- Ali Hasan, CEO & Co-Founder, Crescent Crypto An investor & advocate for passive investing looking to fill the demand for an institutional quality vehicle in the cryptocurrency asset class. Was investment analyst at Goldman Sachs executing syndicate sales for the bank’s IPO and follow-on offerings, managing a book of $4.5B in private assets.
- Lauren Stephanian, Blockchain Consultant Experience: National Science Foundation, Blockchain Working Group Advisor; Blockx2, Blockchain/Crypto Consultant; Flat World Partners; Mosaic.
- Chris Matta, Co-Founder, Crescent Crypto He is an investor, entrepreneur & philanthropist who is looking to bring cryptocurrencies to mainstream investors through passive vehicle. Experience: VP at Goldman Sachs.
- Graham Mosley, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft In addition to his work on Azure Engineering and Blockchain at Microsoft, he is also a Co-Founder and Shareholder at NY Interactive Advertising Exchange (NYIAX). Moderator: David Sorin, Managing Partner & Co-Chair Venture Capital & Emerging Growth, McCarter & English
Watch the Viziotagged Version
Viziotag is the host-based web video publishing platform that enables viewers to take back control of watching online videos. It works with YouTube and every other major publishing platform. Its powerful “Concept Based” Deep Tagging Technology empowers viewers to:
- ∙ Watch content that is relevant to them
- ∙ Search the way they think, with “Concepts”
- ∙ Find relevant content that appeals to them
- ∙ Skip content that is not relevant or interesting
- ∙ Return to content that resonates with them
- ∙ Share with more people, in a simple fashion”
Inquiries about any of the Viziotag services can be directed to Jeff Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 908-723-1728.